Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Easy Peezy Pizza

Wow. It's been forever since I blogged. Hubby and I went on a really great 30 day road trip and set up a blog for that on his website. That got me thinking, whatever happened to my blog. Well, I jazzed it up and will start using it again.

I'm about to share something very personal. Are you ready? I'm a visual person. Okay, it's not that personal, but it is the truth. On my quest to cook more and increase my recipe repertoire, I've decided to start blogging the food I'm making. This way on the nights when I can't figure out what to make, that is of course if I haven't been doing my meal plan..which I do, this blog will give me a place to quickly look at the picture and decide.

Please know that I don't claim to be a chef. I try and make food as healthy as possible, but I've noticed that we are limited by the healthy recipes I know. I'm sure that will change as I gain more recipes. Most of the recipes I use come from somewhere/someone else. I'll try and remember to make note when it is actually my very own recipe.

Here's the first one:

Quick and Easy Pizza


2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Packet of Yeast
1 Cup Warm Water
1 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Vegetable or Olive Oil
1 1/2 Cups White Cheddar Cheese, finely shredded
1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
Half Medium Onion, thinly sliced
1 Pepper, thinly sliced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning


Directions:
In a large bowl or mixer dissolve the yeast in warm water, then add sugar and stir. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes until foamy bubbles appear sporadically.


Add salt, oil, and flour; mix well until dough is smooth.



Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray, and place the dough onto the sheet and start working out towards the edges of the cookie sheet.

Spread on marinara. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, and top with onions and seasoning. Bake in a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese starts to turn golden brown.



No comments: